Fall Car Care Tips from Sheehan Cadillac
We hope you were able to get all your BBQs, camping trips and swimming days in over the last few months, because summer is coming to an end, whether you like it or not. For most of us, that means cooler weather and more challenging road conditions. Make sure it's good to you over these coming cooler months by following these easy tips and ensure that your car will run smoothly in any kind of weather condition.
1. Vehicle Inspection: Technicians will be able to inspect your vehicle and assess its exact needs. They will perform checks and tests on fluids, batteries, belts, hoses, etc.
2. Tire Tread: This may be one of the most important maintenance tips to focus on. Our service department can ensure that your tires have sufficient tread remaining to keep you and your family safe.
3. Windshield Wipers: For most of us, the coming months will be much wetter than the previous months. You are going to want to make sure your windshield wipers are up to the task of handling any wet weather. If your wiper blades haven't been replaced recently, you may want to do so now.
4. Lights: It's important to make sure your vehicle's lights are all in working order. Make sure all burned out bulbs are replaced and to clean any grime from lenses with a damp towel.
6. Emergencies: Carry gloves, boots, blankets, flares, a small shovel, sand or kitty litter, tire chains, a flashlight, and a cell phone. Put a few energy bars in your glove compartment.