Top Tips for Saving Gas in your Cadillac
With today's high cost of gas, it makes sense to maintain your vehicle so that it's greener on the road. It'll also be safer and more dependable as a result.
Here are some tips to improve gas mileage and help protect the environment:
1. Keep your engine properly maintained for the best performance. When you visit us to perform routine maintenance, your vehicle will burn less fuel, pollute less, and prevent future trouble.
2. Replace your air filter regularly. Our service advisors can help make recommendations as to when you should replace your air filter. A clogged air filter reduces performance and acceleration.
3. Maintain your cooling system. Did you know that your cooling system is designed to work in a wide range of conditions, from hot to below freezing? It's important to make sure you stay on top of your cooling system maintenance no matter the season.
4. Check your tires. Your TPMS (tire pressure monitoring system) will alert you if any of your tires' air pressures are low. If so, be sure to inflate them to the correct PSI - doing so will improve your fuel economy and reduce tire wear.
5. Use the correct oil. Our service department will ensure that your vehicle gets the right type of oil specified by the manufacturer to optimize performance.
6. Maintain the fuel system. Your service advisor can give you advice on whether your vehicle has a replaceable fuel filter and how often it should be replaced, as well as if you need a fuel system/injector flush for the best performance.